Photographs of the Westermans International MotoX Team 2011
Westermans MotoX Team 2011
The 2011 MotoX season has now come to an end for the Westermans Welding team of riders. Success, Champion's and Proud are the three words that can describe the whole team, riders, crew and family members for their support.
Here is a review of the Presentation Evening held recently.
Well after a season full of action, having seen highs and lows. The Westermans International MotoX team made their way to The Oxford Greyhound Stadium for the 2011 Banbury Motocross Club presentation evening on Friday 25th November. It was a chance to unwind for all and even for the pit crew to join in with the fun.
The team came away with an amazing display of trophies, including a tremendous 3 first place trophies between them.
Here is a list of riders, and the trophies that they earned
* Bradley Pounder took home 2 trophies for 12th in the Adult Championship and a fabulous 6th in the Schoolboy Championship
* Daniel Smith took a great 5th place trophy for the Schoolboy Championship.
* Ritchie Martin also took home 2 trophies, he had an impressive 2nd in the Schoolboy Championship and 1st in the Adult Championship
* Carlee Shayler only qualified for the Adult Championship and took home the 7th Place trophy.
* Andy P , despite still being in the process of recovery following a terrible accident back in October which saw him reside in 2 of Oxfords finest hospitals for 3 weeks, collected a 4th place trophy for the Adult Championship and an awesome 1st place trophy for the Schoolboy Championship.
* The star of the night was Luke Westerman that took home an amazing 4 trophies!! He was awarded the John Shepherd Memorial Trophy which is an annual special award. Luke also received a trophy for achieving the highest points scored for a schoolboy, which is again a special annual award. He also took the 2nd place trophy for the Schoolboy Championship and a fantastic first place trophy for the Adult championship.
It was a brilliant end to an eventful season, all of the Westermans International riders did their upmost to perform well this season to represent Westermans International Welders in the very best way.
On the Saturday morning, the Westermans Welding Pit Crew took the chance to take on Westermans International top boy Luke and their girl rider Carlee Shayler at a Go Kart Grand Prix. Luke and Carlee threw down the gauntlet to Kirsty and Haidee Westerman (Luke’s Sisters) Adam Tanner (Luke’s future brother in Law) and Chantelle Shayler (Carlee’s Mum). The whole group had fantastic fun and where cheered on from the pits by Craig Westerman, Andy P and Jessica Pounder.
Luke took an early lead and stayed there, Chantelle and Adam spent the whole time having a battle to the finish flag for 2nd place, which Chantelle managed to hang on to and they were closely followed by Haidee, Carlee and Kirsty.
Another thoroughly enjoyable weekend was had by the whole Westermans International MotoX Team
ROLL ON – RIDE ON 2012
Westermans Blog has had many entries with a run down of races throughout the year.
See the new graphics on the KTM bikes and the rider's gear.
All Riders are competing for Banbury MotoX Club or Nationals championships.