Sciaky Electric Welding Machines | Seam, Spot and Resistance.
Used and Refurbished Sciaky Electric Welding Machines
Manufacturing welding machines in the UK since 1934, Sciaky are world-renowned in all aspects of resistance welding, seam welding and spot welding.
Specialists in Automobile resistance welding, pioneering the resistance welding of Aluminium Alloys to demanding aerospace standards and developed machines with capability to weld Light Alloys and Heat-resisting materials for aero engines. Also providing automatic assembly resistance welders and robot welding solutions to the Automobile industry.
Interested in buying Sciaky welding machines? Check our stock of Sciaky machines here. These are available normally with 5-7 days from order. Save both time and money buying a second hand fully guaranteed machines.
Aerospace Welding Machines
Early pioneers of resistance welding equipment and techniques to spot weld heat-treatable Aluminium Alloys which were becoming popular in airframe construction; they made resistance spot welding machines operating on the ‘stored-energy’ system. These could produce the very high secondary currents needed to spot weld the very low-resistance materials and at the same time apply a very fast forging force to consolidate the weld nuggets and satisfy the demanding standards required for airborne fabrications.
A typical car body can have upwards of 3,000 resistance spot and projection welds, some on sub-assemblies and some in final body assembly; in the early days large quantities of standard pedestal and portable spot and seam welders were used, each requiring an operator.
Increase in production brought a need for special machines which could make a number of welds on an assembly, using a single operator; Sciaky were at the forefront in developing multi-spot welding machines, often with automatic loading/unloading and transfer mechanisms
Sciaky supply resistance welding machines to a wide range of industries and have become familiar with their specific and varied requirements, in fact if you join materials in metal or produce wire goods we have probably already provided a solution to your production needs.
Materials that we can accommodate, each requiring particular techniques :
- Mild or high-strength steels, clean or zinc-coated
- Stainless steels, martensitic and austenitic
- Heat-resistant and refractory alloys: Nimonics, Hastelloys etc
- Aluminium and Magnesium Alloys
Typical Industries could include
- Aerospace and Automobiles
- Nuclear and Naval: power cell grids, waste product containers, ship-borne furniture
- Domestic appliances: Cooker bodies and ovens, Refrigerator cases and compressors, Kettle bodies
- Wire goods: Point-of-sale displays, Refrigerators & Oven Shelves, Racks, Shopping baskets & trolleys
- Concrete reinforcement: Welded grids, heavy rebar panels
- Metal Furniture: Office desks, Filing cabinets, Shelving, Chairs
- Supermarket shelving: Shelves with omega reinforcement underneath, Support brackets
- Metal grids: For ships, refineries, spray plants
- Modular flooring: For computer installations – panels and supports
Sciaky undertake Welding Machine Design and Welding Machine Manufacture. Visit their web site here
Not sure of what welder you need for your application? Seam welders or Spot welders?
Would you like to talk to our Team?
Maybe you are not sure which welding machine is best for you? Our Sales Team is more than happy to discuss your welding requirements.
With extensive knowledge on ALL makes and models, they can suggest the most suitable machine for your application and budget.
Between Monday and Friday during our working day of 8am – 5pm GMT, we aim to reply to your request within 2 hours of receiving your email.
Remember; we are not restricted to any one brand of Welding Machine.
Do you want a price immediately?
Call +44 (0)116 2696941 or +44 (0)771 1919906 now